Childbirth: The Odds of Having Identical Twins

November 24, 2016

The odds of having twins in multiple births are much greater than any other type multiple birth. Around 90% of all multiples consist of twins, the remaining 10% are triplets, quadruplets and sometime quintuplets and more. Recently there has been a large increase in the number of twins being born; This is due to higher maternal ages and assisted reproduction technology and the wider use of fertility drugs. Importantly, better…