Congenital Syphilis

Congenital syphilis is a multisystem disease that is caused by Treponema pallidum and transplacental transmitted to the fetus. Early signs are characteristic skin lesions, lymphadenopathy, thrive difficulties, bloody tingiertes nasal secretions, perioral fissures, meningitis, choroiditis, hydrocephalus, seizures, mental retardation, and osteochondritis pseudoparalysis (Parrot syndrome of the newborn). Late signs are gummy ulcers, periosteal lesions, paresis, locomotor ataxia, optic atrophy, interstitial keratitis, sensoneurotische numbness and tooth malformations. The diagnosis is made clinically and microscopically and serologically confirmed. The treatment is carried out with penicillin.

Congenital syphilis is a multisystem disease that is caused by Treponema pallidum and transplacental transmitted to the fetus. Early signs are characteristic skin lesions, lymphadenopathy, thrive difficulties, bloody tingiertes nasal secretions, perioral fissures, meningitis, choroiditis, hydrocephalus, seizures, mental retardation, and osteochondritis pseudoparalysis (Parrot syndrome of the newborn). Late signs are gummy ulcers, periosteal lesions, paresis, locomotor ataxia, optic atrophy, interstitial keratitis, sensoneurotische numbness and tooth malformations. The diagnosis is made clinically and microscopically and serologically confirmed. The treatment is carried out with penicillin.

(Syphilis). The congenital syphilis is a multisystem disease that is caused by Treponema pallidum, and is transmitted transplacentally to the fetus. Early signs are characteristic skin lesions, lymphadenopathy, thrive difficulties, bloody tingiertes nasal secretions, perioral fissures, meningitis, choroiditis, hydrocephalus, seizures, mental retardation, and osteochondritis pseudoparalysis (Parrot syndrome of the newborn). Late signs are gummy ulcers, periosteal lesions, paresis, locomotor ataxia, optic atrophy, interstitial keratitis, sensoneurotische numbness and tooth malformations. The diagnosis is made clinically and microscopically and serologically confirmed. The treatment is carried out with penicillin. The overall risk of transplacental infection of the fetus is about 60-80%, and the probability of transmission is increased during the second half of pregnancy. Mother Untreated primary and secondary infections are transmitted, late forms or tertiary syphilis are transmitted only in 20% of cases. Untreated syphilis during pregnancy is also associated with a significant risk of stillbirth and neonatal death. When infected newborns manifestations of syphilis are divided into early congenital (d. H. From birth until the age of 2 years) and late congenital (d. E. After the age of 2 years). Symptoms and complaints, many patients are asymptomatic and the infection can remain clinically normal throughout life. Early congenital syphilis manifests itself frequently during the first 3 months of life. Symptoms are characteristic vesiculobullous eruptions or a macular, copper-colored rash on the palms and soles and papular lesions around the nose and mouth and in the diaper area, as well as petechial lesions. Frequently a generalized lymphadenopathy and hepatosplenomegaly are observed. The child may have a failure to thrive and show a mucopurulentes or bloody tingiertes nasal secretions, causing the cold. Some children develop meningitis, choroiditis, hydrocephalus, or seizures, others show a mental disability. Within the first 8 months of life, an osteochondritis (Chondroepiphysitis), especially the long bones and ribs, lead to a pseudo-paresis of the extremities, with typical radiological bone changes. Congenital syphilis (rash) © Springer Science + Business Media var model = {thumbnailUrl: ‘/-/media/manual/professional/images/390_congenital_syphilis_slide_-12_springer_high_de.jpg?la=de&thn=0&mw=350’ imageUrl: ‘/ – / ? media / manual / professional / images / 390_congenital_syphilis_slide_-12_springer_high_de.jpg lang = en & thn = 0 ‘, title:’ Congenital syphilis (rash) ‘description:’ u003Ca id = “v37897780 ” class = “”anchor “” u003e u003c / a u003e u003cdiv class = “”para “” u003e u003cp u003eDiese illustration shows a vesiculobullous rash on the palms

Health Life Media Team

Leave a Reply