If your ready to change your life habits to be healthier, its good to start with simple changes that will can ease you transition into healthier lifestyle choices. In this article we’ll discuss 10 great daily habits that can lead to a healthier life.
1. Drink water instead of soda or pop. Replacing regular soda with diet may not be a good enough replacement. Recent studies have shown that diet soda alternatives are just a detrimental to your health and can lead to heart attacks and strokes. Cutting back on you daily daily intake of soda intank will help you lower your risk of heart disease.
2. Get active. Doing exercise, moving your body, and challenging your muscles, goes a long way in improving you health. You not only began to melt away your body fat and become stronger, it’s a great way to prevent diseases and strengthens your immune system. Studies have shown that it only takes 15min minutes of exercise a day for you to experience the health benefits of exercise and add years to your life.
3. Have a little dark chocolate. Studies have shown a small daily does of dark chocolate helps relieve stress and your heart healthy. Remember only it a little small square worth, you dont want to go overboard with consuming too much sugar.
4. Green Tea!, Drinking green tea is probably one of my favorite tips, Green tea is a great way to protect yourself from functional disabilities as you age. Drinking about 16 onces of green tea helps. Green tea is also a great appetite suppressant Green tea contains catechins that help inhibit the movement of glucose into your fat cells, slowing the rise of blood sugar. This will help prevent high insulin and fat storage.
5. Pass on the Desserts. Having two much sugar in your diet can lead to heart disease and weight gain. You should avoid consuming refined sugars as much as possible. Try not to eat more than 100 calories of sugar a day.
6. If your worried about what should replace the food that your eating now that may not be as healthy. Try eating more greens and plant based foods. Eating is the secret to longevity. Research has shown that eating plant-based food and lean proteins help people to live longer. A recent study linked the amount of red that you to the many risk, including heart diseases and cancer. Just trying to limit your red meat intake two or three servings a week and replace them with veggies.
7. Sleep is oh so important! If you feeling tired getting more sleep can help improve your productivity and live a more active life. Sleep and quality of sleep have been show to have direct correlations to happiness and stress levels, moreover extending long life. A recent study has shown the women who were slept between 5-8 hours a night survived longer than women who sleep less than 5 hours or more than 8 hours. It’s important that you find a healthy pattern that makes you feel refreshed and well rested.
8. One Glass of Red Wine Keeps the Doctor Away! There are many positive health effects to drinking a glass of red wine. Red wine can work as mood boost, reduce stress. It has also been shown to reduce the risk of having an heart or stroke. Make sure that it is only one glass of wine, having multiple glasses can be damage your health.
9. Don’t over indulge. You’d be surprise how many calories or sugar intake you have when you lose conscious of what your eating and how much you’re eating. The same goes for drinks. from soda. beer, wine or even fruit juices, make sure that you are aware of you what you are consuming. Portion controls will help you from overeating.