Migraines are one of the most frequent headache types; You will typically feel it because you feel strange. You get dizzy; there is also a ringing in your ears, you zigzag lines or lights that make you cry. крім того, once the pain hits you, it can cause you lose the day.
Migraines without is more than just a headache it canes cause you fr carrying out your daily activities. It can be accompanied by vomiting, нудота, and maybe more.
What makes a headache a considered migraine? What does it mean to have a migraine without aura? How is this distinct from other headaches or migraines? Most critically, what can you d to make a migraine go away?
What is A migraine without and Aura and What Causes it?
A migraine without aura is the most common type of a migraine headache. They account for about 60% to 80^ of all migraines. Another name you might hear people call it is a common migraine. It does not the early symptoms called an aura, which some people have before a migraine begins, like vision changes, запаморочення, плутанина, feeling pricking skin, і слабкість.
Scientists are not sure what causes migraines, They think that at least two brain chemicals –serotine and double — play a role. The theory is something goes away in the way these chemicals control how the brain works, which makes the brain the body’s immune system overreacts. When that happens, a flood of immune cells flows through the blood vessels to the brain. The brains blood vessels open wider to accommodate these cells. Then even more chemicals are released to help control the issues muscle. The vessel open and contract. A severe sometimes, throbbing reached results.
Migraines can frequently run in families, so researchers think there may be a genetic link for the health ailment, Other things can trigger migraine attacks for some people, like some foods smell, other scents, stress and things in your environment.
Migraines often start in childhood and get worse through adolescence. Even though more boys than girls have migraines. Once older, more adult women than adult men have them. проте, they usually happen less . Migraines become rare after age 60.
Although painful, migraine without aura is not life-threatening.
What are the Symptoms?
Most people experience migraine pain in the front of head on one or both sides of the temples. It may be steady. A headache may last form 4 до 72 годин.
You might have any of these other symptoms.
- Чутливість до світла, sounds, or motion
- Dark circles around your eyes.
- Low Blood pressure
- Feeling “hyper”
How is Diagnosed?
Your doctor will need to be sure that they are no other causes that are triggering your headache. SO, it likely he or she will do physical and maybe neurologic exams. She will also ask you about your health history with questions such as:
- Do you have any allergies
- Do your medications such as vasodilators that could cause headaches.
- Do you notice that teachers start after coughing or sneezing or after intense exercise?
- What is the level of stress in your life?
- DO other people in your family have migraines or other kinds of headaches?
- How would you rate the level of stress in your life
Your Doctor may also use the test to ensure that your headaches are not caused by something else.
тести відображення, such as X -rays CT, scan MRI
Test for infection, other medical problems that could cause similar symptoms.
What are the treatments?
Treatment for a migraine without aura has two objectives: Relieve your symptoms and prevent future strikes.
лікарські препарати. Some drugs that treat other diseases also work for preventing migraines. До них відносяться:
- Medications that lower blood pressure, called beta-blockers. They include timolol (Blocadren), atenolol (Tenormin), propranolol (Inderal).
- Antidepressants such as amitriptyline (Elavil) and nortriptyline (Pamelor)
- Headache medicines described ergot derivatives, such as methysergide (Sansert)
- Antihistamines such as cyproheptadine (Periactin)
- Epilepsy drugs such as valproic acid (Depakote, Depakene,)
- Cefaly is the first FDA-approved device for limiting migraines in people over 18 років. The portable headband-like machine sends electrical pulses through the skin of the forehead to excite a nerve linked with migraine headaches. You utilize it once a day for 20 хвилин, and when it is on you will feel a tingling or massaging sensation.
To help relieve migraine symptoms :
- Remain in a quiet, dark room.
- Put cold compresses or use weight on the painful areas.
- Take pain-relieving medicines such as aspirin, ібупрофен, ацетамінофен, ketorolac (Toradol), або напроксен.
- альтернативно, take prescription drugs, such as sumatriptan (Imitrex) and rizatriptan (Maxalt), which help narrow blood vessels.
- альтернативно, take prescription pain relievers.
- Use medicines to treat other migraine signs such as nausea and vomiting.
- To prevent migraines without aura:
лікарські препарати. Some drugs made for treatment of other conditions also work for stopping migraines headaches. До них відносяться:
антидепресанти such as amitriptyline (Elavil) and nortriptyline (Pamelor)
Headache medications called ergot derivatives, such as methysergide (Sansert)
Antihistamines such as cyproheptadine (Periactin)
Epilepsy drugs before-mentioned as valproic acid (Depakene, Depakote)
Cefaly is the first FDA-approved equipment for preventing migraines in people over 18 років. Портативний наголов'я, як пристрій передає електричні імпульси через шкіру чола, щоб спровокувати нерв, пов'язаний з мігренню. Ви можете використовувати його один раз на день протягом 20 хвилин, and when it is on you will feel a tingling or massaging sensation.
Лікарські засоби, що знижують артеріальний тиск, названі бета-блокатори. Вони охоплюють атенолол (Tenormin), propranolol (Inderal), і тимолол (Blocadren).
Скиньте розумові або емоційні тригери. депресія, стрес, тривога, і сильні емоції, такі як горе можуть викликати мігрень. Хоча ви не завжди можете уникнути цих речей, Ви можете навчитися контролювати, як ви з ними. біоуправління, відпочинок, and self-hypnosis techniques can help relieve these causes of stress and stop migraines, especially in children.
Decrease physical triggers. Missing meals, Illnesses, and being too tired can all trigger migraines. So can head injuries, over-exercise, motion. Even menstruation can set off migraines. To restrict the effect of these factors, know how they affect you, keep a routine, treat illnesses quickly, and take measures to avoid other physical triggers.
Look for environmental factors. Some individuals are sensitive to flickering lights, fluorescent lights, changes in altitude, or air pressure, or even bold visual patterns. Use your headache journal to locate any possible triggers in your environment — and then take steps to get rid of them or bypass them.