Migraines are one of the most frequent headache types; You will typically feel it because you feel strange. You get dizzy; there is also a ringing in your ears, you zigzag lines or lights that make you cry. Moreover, once the pain hits you, it can cause you lose the day.
Migraines without is more than just a headache it canes cause you fr carrying out your daily activities. It can be accompanied by vomiting, nausea, and maybe more.
What makes a headache a considered migraine? What does it mean to have a migraine without aura? How is this distinct from other headaches or migraines? Most critically, what can you d to make a migraine go away?
What is A migraine without and Aura and What Causes it?
A migraine without aura is the most common type of a migraine headache. They account for about 60% to 80^ of all migraines. Another name you might hear people call it is a common migraine. It does not the early symptoms called an aura, which some people have before a migraine begins, like vision changes, dizziness, confusion, feeling pricking skin, and weakness.
Scientists are not sure what causes migraines, They think that at least two brain chemicals –serotine and double — play a role. The theory is something goes away in the way these chemicals control how the brain works, which makes the brain the body’s immune system overreacts. When that happens, a flood of immune cells flows through the blood vessels to the brain. The brains blood vessels open wider to accommodate these cells. Then even more chemicals are released to help control the issues muscle. The vessel open and contract. A severe sometimes, throbbing reached results.
Migraines can frequently run in families, so researchers think there may be a genetic link for the health ailment, Other things can trigger migraine attacks for some people, like some foods smell, other scents, stress and things in your environment.
Migraines often start in childhood and get worse through adolescence. Even though more boys than girls have migraines. Once older, more adult women than adult men have them. However, they usually happen less . Migraines become rare after age 60.
Although painful, migraine without aura is not life-threatening.
What are the Symptoms?
Most people experience migraine pain in the front of head on one or both sides of the temples. It may be steady. A headache may last form 4 to 72 hours.
You might have any of these other symptoms.
- Sensitivity to light, sounds, or motion
- Dark circles around your eyes.
- Low Blood pressure
- Feeling “hyper”
How is Diagnosed?
Your doctor will need to be sure that they are no other causes that are triggering your headache. SO, it likely he or she will do physical and maybe neurologic exams. She will also ask you about your health history with questions such as:
- Do you have any allergies
- Do your medications such as vasodilators that could cause headaches.
- Do you notice that teachers start after coughing or sneezing or after intense exercise?
- What is the level of stress in your life?
- DO other people in your family have migraines or other kinds of headaches?
- How would you rate the level of stress in your life
Your Doctor may also use the test to ensure that your headaches are not caused by something else.
Imaging tests, such as X -rays CT, scan MRI
Test for infection, other medical problems that could cause similar symptoms.
What are the treatments?
Treatment for a migraine without aura has two objectives: Relieve your symptoms and prevent future strikes.
Medications. Some drugs that treat other diseases also work for preventing migraines. These include:
- Medications that lower blood pressure, called beta-blockers. They include timolol (Blocadren), atenolol (Tenormin), propranolol (Inderal).
- Antidepressants such as amitriptyline (Elavil) and nortriptyline (Pamelor)
- Headache medicines described ergot derivatives, such as methysergide (Sansert)
- Antihistamines such as cyproheptadine (Periactin)
- Epilepsy drugs such as valproic acid (Depakote, Depakene,)
- Cefaly is the first FDA-approved device for limiting migraines in people over 18 years old. The portable headband-like machine sends electrical pulses through the skin of the forehead to excite a nerve linked with migraine headaches. You utilize it once a day for 20 minutes, och när det är på du kommer att känna en stickande eller masserande känsla.
För att lindra migrän symptom :
- Kvar i ett lugnt, mörkt rum.
- Sätt kalla kompresser eller använd vikt på smärtsamma områden.
- Ta smärtstillande läkemedel såsom acetylsalicylsyra, ibuprofen, acetaminofen, ketorolak (Toradol), eller naproxen.
- Alternatively, ta receptbelagda läkemedel, såsom sumatriptan (Imitrex) och rizatriptan (Maxalt), som hjälper smala blodkärl.
- Alternatively, ta receptbelagda smärtstillande.
- Använder läkemedel för att behandla andra migrän tecken såsom illamående och kräkningar.
- För att förhindra migrän utan aura:
Medications. Some drugs made for treatment of other conditions also work for stopping migraines headaches. These include:
Antidepressants such as amitriptyline (Elavil) and nortriptyline (Pamelor)
Headache medications called ergot derivatives, such as methysergide (Sansert)
Antihistamines such as cyproheptadine (Periactin)
Epilepsy drugs before-mentioned as valproic acid (Depakene, Depakote)
Cefaly is the first FDA-approved equipment for preventing migraines in people over 18 years old. The portable headband-like device transmits electrical impulses through the skin of the forehead to incite a nerve linked with migraine headaches. You use it once a day for 20 minutes, och när det är på du kommer att känna en stickande eller masserande känsla.
Medicines that lower blood pressure, named beta-blockers. De omfattar atenolol (Tenormin), propranolol (Inderal), och timolol (Blocadren).
Lindra psykisk eller känslomässiga triggers. Depression, stress, anxiety, och starka känslor såsom sorg kan utlösa migrän. Även om du inte alltid kan undvika dessa saker, du kan lära dig att kontrollera hur du hanterar dem. Biofeedback, avslappning, och självhypnos tekniker kan hjälpa till att lindra dessa orsaker till stress och stoppa migrän, särskilt hos barn.
Decrease physical triggers. Missing meals, Illnesses, and being too tired can all trigger migraines. So can head injuries, over-exercise, motion. Even menstruation can set off migraines. To restrict the effect of these factors, know how they affect you, keep a routine, treat illnesses quickly, and take measures to avoid other physical triggers.
Look for environmental factors. Some individuals are sensitive to flickering lights, fluorescent lights, changes in altitude, or air pressure, or even bold visual patterns. Use your headache journal to locate any possible triggers in your environment — and then take steps to get rid of them or bypass them.