What is Cystic Fibrosis

Et sinn iwwer 30,000 individuals in the U.S and 70,000 worldwide that suffer from cystic fibrosis (CF), Physicians diagnose about 1,000 new cases each year.

CF impacts the cells in the body that make sweat, digestive fluids and mucus. normalerweis, these are very slippery and then systems that keep the body working smoothly. Ee, if you have CF, they become thick and glue. Causing these funds to black tubes and ducts within the body.
People with CF have chronic and persistent lung infections that make it difficult to breathe over time.

Iwwert d'Joren, mucus accumulates inside your airways; This makes breathing a struggle. The mucous traps germs and leads to infection. IT can also cause severe lung damage like a cyst (fluid-filled sacs) and fibrosis (scar tissue). That is how CF got its name.

Symptoms of CF

People with CF have several symptoms, Including;

  • Very Salty -tasting skin
  • Non-stop coughing, at times generating phlegm
  • Frequent lung infections including bronchitis and pneumonia
  • Poor growth or weight gain in spite of a healthy appetite
  • Wheezing or shortness of breath
  • Frequent greasy, or bulky stools, difficulty with bowel movement
  • Male infertility

What Causes Cystic Fibrosis?
It is not contagious; It is produced by a deviation (change) within a single gene described as the Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR,) This controls the flow of salt and fluids in and out of your cells. If the CFTR gene does not work as it should, glutinous mucus mounts up throughout your body.
To get CF, you have to receive a mutated copy of the gene from both your parents.
If you only inherit one copy, you will not exhibit any symptoms, But you will be a carrier for the disease. That indicates there’s a possibility you could pass it on to your child one day.
Iwwer 10 million Americans are CF carriers. Every time two CF carriers have a baby, there is a 25% (1 an 4) chance that their baby will be born with Cystic Fibrosis. There is a 50% chance the child will be a carrier but not have CF. There is a 25% chance that the child will not carrier CF gene or have CF.

Which Portions of the body does CF affect?
The lung is not the only part of the body that is affected by CF. CF also impacts the Liver, Bauchspaicheldrüs, small intestines, large intestine,
and kidneys, Bladder and Reproductive organs.
People with Cystic Fibrosis have the greater risk of developing lung infection because of sticky mucus build up, creates an environment in which germs can thrive and grow. Lung infections are caused mostly by bacteria and tend to be a very serious problem.

  • Liewer: If the tubes that transport bile become plugged, your liver get inflamed, and severe scarring or cirrhosis occurs.
  • Bauchspaicheldrüs: The thick mucus caused by CF block ducts in your pancreas. This stops digestive enzymes (Proteinen datt Är Liewensmëttel Stand erof) aus Erréchen Är Daarm; als Resultat vun, Äre Kierper huet eng schwéier Zäit de nährstoffaarme Buedem Opsaug- et brauch. Méi Zäit an dëser kann och zu Diabetis.
    Dënndaarm- Zanter héich-Seier Liewensmëttel verwandelt getraff, datt aus dem Mo komm ass schwéier, kann de Doropshin vun der klenger Daarm kann ufänken mateneen harmoniséieren kennen.
  • grouss Daarm: Thincscreations (Flëssegkeeten) am Mo kann feces maachen ganz décke. Dëst kann detonéiert Iwwerleeung, IN some cases the intestine may also start to fold in on itself like an accordion in disorder called intussusception.
  • Bladder: Chronic coughing weakens the bladder muscles, Almost 65 of omen with CF suffer from stress incontinenceThis means that you leak urine when you sneeze, cough, laugh or try to lift something, Although this is more common in women, it can occur in men.
  • Nier: Some people with CF get kidneys stones. These small, hard mineral deposits can generate nausea, iwelzeg, a Leed. If ignored, se kënnen op eng Niere Krankheet huet.
  • reproduktive Organer: Boni mucus Impakt souwuel Fruchtbarkeetsklinik zu Männer a Fraen. Meescht Männer mat CF hun Problemer mat der iech datt hir presuméierten Affer Transport, oder wat;s de I. differentia genannt. Fraen mat CF hu ganz décke cervical mucus, déi kann et schwéier maachen fir presuméierten Affer en Ee ze fertilize.
  • Aner Deeler vum Kierper: Fir mech Fibrosis kann och zu thinning vun der Schanken nodeems oder osteoporosis ) a Fleesch Schwäch. Zanter CF upsets d'Gläichgewiicht vun Mineralstoffer am Blutt, it can also produce lower blood pressure, fatigue, a fast heart rate and overall feeling of weakness.

Treatments for Cystic Fibrosis:
The type of severity of CF symptoms can differ based on the person. So it’s important to have a treatment plan that contains elements that are unique to each’s situation.
People with CG should work closely with their medical providers and families to create personalized treatment plans.
Look to the CF Foundation, which accredits more than 120 Pfleeg Zentren, déi vun éige Experten am CF opgelëscht sinn fir Patienten duerch spezialiséiert Krankheet Gestioun ze hëllefen ëm.

all Dag, Leit mat CF hunn typesch eng Kombinatioun vun denen folgenden Therapien:

  • Airway Minnen ze hëllefen kengem Moment an der décke mucus kloer ewech dass am Longen bauen an kann, Puer airway Minnen Techniken vläicht e puer Hëllef vu Famill verlaangen, Frënn oder Otmungsproblemer Kiné. Many people with CF utilize an inflatable vest that is worn on the chest and vibrates at a high pulse to help loosen and thin mucus.
  • Inhaled medicines to open the airway or thin the mucus. These are liquid drugs that are made into a mist or aerosol and the inhaled through a nebulizing. Tese medicines include antibiotics to fight lung infection and therapies to help the airways clear.
  • Pancreatic enzyme supplement capsule to help improve the absorption of vital nutrients. These supplements are taken with every meal and most snacks. People with CF will usually take multivitamins.

Although CF is a serious condition that requires daily care, many treatments for it have advanced. People who have CF live much longer than they use to and the quality of life have improved too.