For millions of people, every spring is the start of Spring seasonal allergies. As trees and flowers start to bloom, they begin to release pollen into the atmosphere, this often user in time when allergy suffers begin to experience sneezing, watery eys, itching and sniffling. Every year more than 35 million will experience seasonal allergic rhinitis, this is also called hay fever. Although there are, no cures for spring allergies, there ways to treat them.
What causes spring allergies?
D'Haaptrei Iwwerleeung fir saisonal evitéieren ass Pollen. Pollen ass kleng Sprëtz datt an der Atmosphär US sinn. Pollen kënnt aus Dären, grasses, a Beem hëlleft aner Planzen ze fertilize. Wann Pollen de Kierper vun engem Prënzenhochzäit deen ass allergescher bis et, déi Persoun immun System fänkt fir z'äntwerten. D'immun System Feeler de Pollen als auslännesch Adréngléngs. De Kierper dann Fräisetzung antibodies Bakterien oder Viren ze bekämpfen ugefaangen. D'antibodies Attack de Pollen Allergènen a wäert Fräisetzung Chemikalien an d'Blutt, called histamines. Histamines will then cause the today to reactive through runny noses, itchy eyes, and other allergic symptoms.
Pollen can travel for many miles and spread across different people, and when there is higher pollen levels, more people will experience higher levels of allergic activity. The pollen count measures the amount of allergens that are in the are in the air based on grains per cubic meter. Pollen & Mound Counts are based on the American Academy of Allergy.
Allergy symptoms may be extremely active on breezy days, in which the wind levels are higher. Rainy days can cause a higher level of pollen counts that rain washes away the allergens.
Common symptoms of spring allergies
Itchy eyes and Nose
Dark circles under eyes.
These allergens can cause asthma and narrow airways, and it can make breathing difficult lead to coughing, wheezing and shortness breath.
Spring allergies diagnoses
Some people have never been diagnosed with spring allergies, nach hunn evitéieren hunn evitéieren an d'Auswierkunge Erfahrung – Lafen Nues, itchy Aen oder aneren emol. Dir kënnt Är Dokter goen gesinn, an hien oder si vläicht kuckt Dir eng allergist ze gesinn engem Test ze Exercice.
D'Allergiker Spezialist kann e Haut Test Exercice, an deem e klengt Beispill vun verdënntem verkeeft ass an der Haut vun der Aarm heijen oder zréck. Wann Dir un de verkeeft allergescher sinn dann eng kleng rout dréckt gëtt op der Haut entwéckelen (Dëst ass och e Hive oder wheal genannt). De Spezialist kann och eng ImmunoCap assay maachen, which measures allergen-specific IgE – a protein that shows up in allergic individuals.
Even if you are sensitive to these allergen test, does not mean that you will start sneezing and cough when you come in contact with allergens like pollen.
Allergies can be treated in several ways.
There are a number of over-the-counter and prescription drugs that are used to treat spring allergies. There are a several over-the-counter drugs that are helpful to people including the following:
Eye drops help relieve watery and itchy eyes.
Nasal spray decongestants will relieve congestion and clear nasal passages that are clogged, faster than oral decongestants.
Steroid nasal spray reduces inflammation. There are two over the counter drugs Flonase and Nasacort.
Antihistamines are the most popular for reducing itching, sniffling and sneezing through lowering the body’s histamine levels.
There ar combination of antihistamines and decongestants to help with multiple symptoms.
Cromolyn sodium is a nasal spray that can help reduce hay fever through stopping the spread of histamine before it starts allergic symptoms.
Although it is possible to buy these allergy medications without a prescription, you should discuss with your doctor, which drug would be the best medication to choose. Sometimes antihistamines can make you feel sleepy or drowsy so if you are taking it throughout the day it may affect your daily routine. Make sure to speak with your doctor before using more than a few days.
There are also remedies that your doctor can recommend a prescription for, such as allergy shots or under-the-tongue immunotherapy tablets. There are several steroid nasal tablets that may help as well. Allergy shots expose the body to greater dosages of the allergen until you become tolerant of it. Immunotherapy tablets work in the same way. These can relieve your symptoms for a longer time frames than oral or nasal allergy medications.
There are natural treatments to aid relief for allegory sufferers, although there are different opinions about the effectiveness. dëst gehéiert:
- Butterbur – Butterbur is a herb that comes from a shrub in Europe, This herb show the potential ability to relieve seasonal allergy symptoms. Butterbur extract, Ze 399 has been seen to be as effective for reducing histamines, such as Allegra, Zyrtec, and Claritin.
- Quercetin – This is a flavonoid, which are found in apples, black tea and onions, which have anti-inflammatory properties which can help stop histamines.
- Stinging nettle – These are roots and leaves from the stinging nettle plant, the Urtica dioica. These plants have been used to treat prostate problems and joint pain.
- Nasal irrigation- This is using warm water and a quarter-teaspoon of salt and quarter -teaspoon and baking soda to help clear sinus passages. Many people use a neti-pot or squeeze bottle and looks like a small teapot. You should use sterile, distilled or boiled water. You should also clean and rinse your irrigation device after each use.
Just because treatments claim that they are natural does not mean that it is safe. Tatsächlech, it possible that one may also be allergic to this natural remedies. Some natural treatments can cause side effects and may trigger adverse reactions with other medications that you are taking. You should always talk to your doctor before taking any herb or supplement.
Although it is impossible to avoid spring allergies completely, as you may live in an area where plants grow. There are a few things you can do to avoid main allergy triggers
- Try to stay indoors if there are high pollens counts
- Keep your windows and closed when possible to keep allergens out your house.
- It may helps to clean your air filters and surface areas in your home often, säit dëse Beräicher sinn kann dass Stëbs a Pollen sammelen.
- Dir sollt Är Hoer ginn no Dir ausserhalb goen wéi et Pollen sammelen kënnen.
- Vakuum zweemol am Mount an zouzedrécken enger Mask well e Vakuum an Pollen Fräistouss kann, Stëbs Ofdréck a Stëbs an Ärer Teppech bleiwen.
Although there are no ways to cure seasonal allergies there ways that you can lessen the effects seasonal allergies have on you.