정신 착란은 혼란 사고 g 결과 뇌의 능력에 심각한 장애 및 지역 환경의 감소에 대한 인식입니다. 정신 착란의 별은 일반적으로 빠르다, 시간 또는 몇 일 이내에 발생.
정신 착란은 종종 하나 개 이상의 요인을 추적 할 수 있습니다, 심한 또는 만성 질환으로, 당신의 신진 대사 균형의 차이 ( 같은 저염), 감염, 약물 치료, 외과, or alcohol or drug withdrawal.
Because symptoms of delirium and 백치 can be comparable, input from a family member or caregiver may be essential for a physician to make an accurate diagnosis.
Symptoms of Delirium
Signs and symptoms of Delirium usually begin over a few or a few days. They often fluctuate thought the day. There could be periods where no symptoms are shown. Symptoms tend to be worst during the night when it’s dark, and things look less familiar.
Main signs and symptoms include:
Reduce awareness of the environment
This may result in:
- An inability to remain focused on a topic or to witch topics
- Getting stuck on an idea rather than responding to questions or conversation
- Being simply distracted by irrelevant things.
- Being withdrawn, with little or no activity or little reply to the environment.
Poor/Impaired Cognitive (Thinking) Skills
This may appear as:
- Poor memory, particular or recent events
- DIroientation, 예를 들면, not knowing where you are or who you are
- Difficulty speaking or recalling words
- Troblue understanding speech
- Difficulty reading or writing
- Rambling or nonsensical speech
This may include:
- Seeing thing that does not exist (환각)
- Restlessness, agitation or combative behavior
- Disturbed sleep habits
- Reveal or night -day sleep wake cycle
- Calling out, moaning or making other sounds
- Being quiet and withdrawn – specifically in older adults
- Lethargy slowed movement
This may appear as:
- 걱정, fear or paranoia
- Irritability or anger
- A sense of feeling elated (euphoria)
- Radpi and unpredictable mood shifts
- Personality changes
Types or delirium
Researchers have identified three types of delirium:
- Hyperactive delirium – Probably the most obvious form to recognize this may include restlessness ( movement, pacing) rapid mood changes, agitation or hallucinations.
- Hypoactive delirium -This may include inactive or reduce motor activity sluggishness, abnormal drowsiness or seem to be in a daze.
- Mixed delirium This comprises both hyperactive and hypoactive symptoms. The person may suddenly shift back and forth from hyperactive to hypoactive states.
Delirium and dementia
- Dementia and delirium may be especially challenging to distinguish, and a person may have both. Fewuqily delirium occurs in those who have dementia,
- Dementia is a progressive decline of memory and cognitive skills due to the gradual degradation and loss of brain cells. The most frequent cause of dementia is Alzheimer’s diseases.
- Some difference between the symptom of delirium and dementia include:
One set of delirium transpires within a short time, while dementia usually starts with comparatively minor symptoms that gradually worsen over time.
Attention, The capability to stay focused or sustain attention is dramatically impaired with delirium. A person with the early stages of dementia will remain alert.
- Fluctuation. The presence of delirium symptoms can fluctuate significantly and frequently through the day. Whi;e people with dementia have better and worse times of the day. Thier memory and thinking skills stay a fairly consistent level during a day.
때 의사를 표시하는 방법.
If a relative, friend or someone you care shows any signs of symptoms of delirium, see a physician, Your input about the person’s symptoms, as well as his or typical thought and everyday abilities, will be essential for a proper diagnosis and for dining the underlying cause.
당신은 병원이나 요양 병원에서 개인의 징후와 정신 착란 증상을 통지하는 경우, 오히려 이러한 문제가 관찰되었다 가정보다 간호사 나 의사에게 당신의 염려를보고. 병원에서 회복 또는 장기 요양 시설에 거주하는 노인은 정신 착란의 위험에 특히이다.
송신 및 뇌에서의 신호의 수신 기준 장애가 될 때 발생하는 발열. 이 장애는 아마 취약 뇌를하고 두뇌 활동의 오작동을 유발 요인의 혼합물에 의해 발생.
정신 착란은 하나의 원인 또는 하나 이상의 원인이있을 수 있습니다, 이러한 의학적 상태 및 독성 등 의료. 때로는 식별 된 상황이 없다
가능한 원인은 다음과 같습니다:
- 알코올 또는 약물 남용 또는 철회
- 건강 상태
- 특정 약물 또는 약물 독성
- 신진 대사 불균형, 이러한 낮은 나트륨, 저 칼슘
- 심한, 만성 불치병
- 발열과 급성 감염, particularly in children.
- Surgery or other medical procedures that incorporate anesthesia
- Sleep deprivation or severe emotional distress
Several medications or combinations of drugs can trigger delirium, including some type of:
- Allergy medications (antihistamines)
- Parkinson’s disease drugs
- Asthma medications
- Drugs for treating spasm and convulsions
- Sleep medications
- Medications for mood disorders, such anxiety, 우울증
- Parkison diseases
Any condition that ends in a hospital stay, especially in intensive care or after surgery, increase the risk of delirium, as does being a resident in a nursing residence.
An example of other conditions that increase the risk of delirium include:
- Oder Age
- Visual or hearing impairment
- Having multiple medical problems
- Brain disorders such as dementia, stroke or Pakrisions’ 질병
Delirium may last only a few hours or as long as several weeks or months. If issues that produce delirium symptoms are addressed, the recovery is often shorter.
The degree of recovery depends to some extent on the health and mental status before the onset of delirium. 예를 들면, individuals with dementia experience a significant overall decline in thinking skills and memory. People in better health are more likely to recover.
People . with other serious, chronic or terminal ailments may not regain the levels of thinking skills or function that they had before the state of delirium. Delirium is serious people is more likely to lead to:
- Poor recovery from surgery
- Need for institutional care
- Increase risk of death, specifically with hypoactive delirium
- The general decline in health.
Test and diagnosis of Delirium:
A physician will diagnose delirium based on medical history, test s to assess mental status and the identification or possible contributing factors An examination may include:
Mental status assessment A physician starts by evaluating awareness, 생각, and attention. This may be accomplished informally through conversation, or with test or screening that assess the mental state, 혼동, 지각, and memory.
Physical and neurological exam. The physician conducts a physical exam, checking for signs of health problems or underlying disease. A neurological exam – checking vision, 밸런스, 동등, and reflexes -ca n help determine if a stroke and another neurological disease are causing delirium.
Another possible test- The doctor may order blood, urine, and another diagnostic test. The brain-imaging test may be used when a diagnosis can be made with other available information.
Treatments and Drugs from Delirium
The first objective of treatment for delirium is to address any underlying cause or triggers – 예를 들면, by stopping the use of a particular medication or treating an infection.
Treatment then focuses on creating the best environment for healing the body and calming the brain.
- Supportive care
- Supportive care aims to prevent complications by:
- Protecting the airway
- Treating pain
- Addressing incontinence
- Encouraging the involvement of family members of familiar people
- Avoiding use of physical restraints and bladder tubes
- Avoiding changes in surrounding and caregivers when possible
- Providing fluids and nutrition
- Assisting with movement
Talk with the physician about evading or minimizing the use of drugs that may cause delirium. Certain medications may be required to control pain that is causing delirium.
Other types of drugs may help calm a person who does not understand the environment in a way the leads to severe paranoia, hallucinations or fear, and confusion or serious agitation.
These drugs may be needed when certain behaviors do the following:
Do not respond to nondrug treatments:
- Prevent the predominance of medical examination or treatment
- Endangerethe person of threatens the safety and well being or other people
- These medications are normally reduced in dose or discontinued when the delirium is resolved
The most encouraging approach to stopping delirium is to focus on risk factors that might cause episodes. Hospital environments present special changes. 때문에 침습적 절차, 큰 소리, 빈번한 변경 방, poor light and lack of natural light can worsen confusion.
Evendicne indicates that these strategies – promoting good sleep habits, helping the person remain well oriented and calm, and help prevent other medical problems can prevent or reduce the severity of delirium.